Clinicians & Coaches
The Predictive 6 Factor Resilience Scale
Being able to accurately and quickly identify where your clients need attention will help you to prioritise effective treatment.
You can accomplish this through the PR6 a new, holistic resilience measurement scale.
- The PR6 is a neuroscience-based psychometric measurement scale
- It helps clinicians and coaches measure resilience and provide training
- It’s delivered online, providing instant feedback and reporting
What the PR6 measures
The PR6 measures the six fundamental domains of resilience. The development of these six domains build on the work of Neuroscientist Richard Davidson in 2012 that highlighted distinct emotional styles of the brain and their neurobiological underpinnings. From that starting point, our research links these emotional styles to the domains of resilience and networks in the brain.
Accessible and easy to implement, we have defined the following resilience domains: Vision, Composure, Reasoning, Tenacity, and Collaboration. Our research also indicated that one more fundamental domain is omitted from existing resilience scale, which is the domain of Health. These domains completed the PR6 as a point-in-time measurement, though what makes the measurement truly useful is the additional Momentum measure.
You can read our original research here: researchgate.net/publication/303365936
Momentum provides a forward-looking, predictive element to the resilience measurement, indicating likely direction of development from the current point-in-time resilience score. The momentum directional score indicates potential movement through measuring approach and avoidance motivation schemas. This makes the PR6 useful for application in clinical settings and for general coaching purposes.
Building on the neurobiology of resilience
The foundations of the PR6 is built on the neurobiology of resilience where multiple areas of the brain underscore the interacting domains that generate overall resilience capacity. This includes:
- the ability of the prefrontal cortex to calm HPA-axis activation,
- screening for errors and optimising responses through the anterior cingulate cortex,
- the role of the ventral striatum in decision-making and risk/reward cognition,
- the fusiform gyrus which interprets facial expressions to adapt to social context, and
- neurogenesis facilitated by the hippocampus through the release of BDNF to facilitate adaptation and thriving.
Online delivery through ResiCoach.com
The PR6 is delivered through our breakthrough ResiCoach digital platform. The platform itself provides a simple and easy way to send the PR6 and receive results, providing key benefits:
- Accessibility – Participants can access and complete the PR6 on any device, anywhere.
- Instant reporting – Reports become available as soon as the PR6 is completed and receive a report that analyses results to identify focus areas.
- Training modules – Participants also gain access to engaging video training modules on each of the six domains of resilience to boost treatment.
The Complete PR6 Pack
The PR6 Pack provides you with education, guidance and instruction to accurately measure resilience and discuss results with participants.
The Complete PR6 Pack includes:
- PR6 Manual – The hard copy 80+ page manual discusses in detail the neuroscience of resilience, development of the PR6, how to interpret results and guidelines for sessions with participants. Included is the research paper that discusses the original study in detail.
- Access to ResiCoach.com – Exclusive access to our digital platform where you can perform measurement and analysis of individual resilience across the six domains. You can invite participant through your own Admin portal to complete the PR6 and review results.
- Quick Start Guide – A simple step-by-step guide on how to use ResiCoach.
- PR6 Uses – As purchased. Each use includes an instant individual report for analysing results and quickly guiding conversations towards effective treatment. Participants can also see their scores, and gets access to seven video training modules explaining the domains of resilience.
Contact for pricing & registration
Clinicians & coaches - get in touch here for pricing information, sign-up, and registration for workshops.